[Insight-users] Re: CannyLevelSet Speed Image and Z(x)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 23 18:55:06 EDT 2005

Hi Conn,

The speed image computation starts in :

      Insight/Code/Algorithms/
        itkSegmentationLevelSetimageFilter.txx

The computation is delegated to the SegmentationFunction
by invoking its method:

           CalculateSpeedImage();

This method is implemented in the file

      Insight/Code/Algorithms/
         itkCannySegmentationLevelSetFunction.txx

in lines 30-38.

The speed image is computed as a distance map to the Canny
edges in the method CalculateDistanceimage() in lines 81-102
of the same file.