[Insight-users] How do you classify the registration methods in relation to Maintz paper?

Barbara Garita bgarita at ufl.edu
Fri Apr 22 13:56:28 EDT 2005

Hello:

I am studying the forms of registration offered in ITK (FEM  based and with demons algorithms) and it is unclear to me where this registration techniques fit in the context of Maintz paper referenced below.

He writes that under the intrinsic forms of registration there are registration algorithms based on:

1-landmark based

2-Segmentation based, that need previous segmentation

3-Voxel based without prior segmentation

Thanks, Barbara

Maintz J.B.A., V.M.A., A survey of medical image registration. Medical Image Analysis, 1998. 2(1): p. 1-16.