[Insight-users] KullbackLeiblerCompareHistogramImageToImageMetric

jef vdmb jvdmb at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:02:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think I understand now what the idea is, but I still have some questions?
Is the first joint histogram (acquired manually) representative for MR- US
registration in general?

Say I have registered (manually) a 2D US and the 3D MR. Their joint
histogram can now be caculated.

-Is this histogram then usefull for registrations of other images that are
located in a similar position of the fixed or moving image?

- Can it be used for registration using the same moving or fixed image, in
the case that the other image is located in another position?

- Would it be usefull (representative) to use for ANY MR-US registration
(with the same kind of MR and US images) no matter where they are located?

I hope I have made my doubts clear,

Thank you very much for you swift reply Karthik,

Jef