[Insight-users] writing a 3D volume to a file

SMRITI RAGHUNATHAN raghunathan.8 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 20 23:18:33 EDT 2005

Hi,
 thanks for all the help on reading in DICOM images into ITK. I have gone through the literature that is in the software guide. However, I am still not clear on what format should the file be if I want to store a 3D volume and then display it. I am able to read the 2D DICOM slices and then the program also converts it into a 3D volume but I don't know what file format to assign this volume to so that I can open this volume image using a 3D visualization software. I tried using jpg and png formats but that didn't work.

Thanks

Smriti