[Insight-users] Mac Build Problem

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Apr 20 23:05:54 EDT 2005

Hello Mac Folks,

I am trying to build ITK under MacOSX 10.3.9, I have the compilers from the
Nov. 2004 release (as specified on the wiki). Unfortunatly, I when I give -g
as the compiler flag, and try to use shared libraries I get the following
error:

Building shared library /Users/hjmjohnson/src/xxx/zzz/bin/libitkvnl.dylib...
ld: vnl_math.o illegal reference for -dynamic code (section difference
reference from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation entry (0) to symbol:
___isnan defined in dylib: /usr/lib/libm.dylib)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[9]: *** [/Users/hjmjohnson/src/xxx/zzz/bin/libitkvnl.dylib] Error 1

I am just curious if anyone else as a clue as to what is going on?  Is this
just a compiler error?

Thanks,

Hans,

PS:  If I specify -g -O2 flag, it compiles and links
     If I specify -g -O0, it fails.