[Insight-users] Re: Is this a registration case?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 17 18:05:43 EDT 2005

Hi Sotiris,

Yes, this is a typical model-to-image registration problem,

Although you could also call it "model-fitting"...

At the ends it comes down to define a metric that measures
the good matching between the cylinder (the model) and the
image of the humerus. Then let an optimizer find the best
possible value of this metric by changing the parameters
of your model.

You may want to use the ITK Tube Spatial Object and look
into the examples of model-to-image registration in the
ITK Software Guide.

          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf