[Insight-users] About deformation Field

BATY Xavier xavier.baty at univ-angers.fr
Thu Apr 14 11:25:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a *.mhd file representing a 2D deformation field. It is the result of
a registration between 2 MR black and white brain images.

According to the 8.14 chapter of the ITK Software Guide, I must convert this
to a 3D vector data with a calculator in Paraview.

My question is: How the Calculator works? What operation should I made?

Another one: in Display/EditColorMap/Vector we have the choice between
Magnitude and Component (1 & 2).
Is The magnitude represent the magnitude of the vectors of the deformation
field?
And the component 1 & 2 the components of the vectors (ie the X and Y
components)?

Thanks (and sorry, I'm not very familiar with paraview)

Xav