[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] problem with an itk filter plugin mechanism....

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 23 13:49:41 EDT 2004

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Can you please give us more details regarding the
way in which you are creating the communication
between your plugins ?

 From your description it looks like you are
creating a plugin per each ITK filter, and you
are having trouble passing information between
them.

It is likely that you are running in a situation
where one ITK filter has been destroyed by the
time you attempt to run the one that uses its
output.

In practice it is more interesting to package
entire pipelines into a single plugin instead
of individual filters. You may find useful to
look at the Tutorials

  http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular to the one on the integration of
ITK with your own applications

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V.pdf

You can have access to the source code of the ITK
plugins for VolView.

They are all available in the directory

          InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins

A paper describing this integration is available in
InsightDocuments.

Please let us know about the details of your plugin
configuration.

     Thanks,

        Luis