[Insight-users] "itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter".

Ying Zhuge zhuge at mipg.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:13:00 EDT 2004

Hi Long,

You understood this class pretty well!

Yes, you are right. I implemented "relative, vectorial scale, multiple
objects, multipe seeds" FC in that class, but I didn't consider
iterative case.  Please refer to algorithm kIRFOE in IEEE PAMI paper
2002 vol 24(11) pp. 1485-1500 "relative fuzzy connectedness and object
definition: theory, algorithms, and applications in image segmentation"
for iterative case, which is for two objects only. we are working for
iterative relative FC simutaneously for multiple objects.

As for 2, the problem is from the inverse matrix computation of ZERO
matrix. I didn't consider that extreme case in my program, but it can be
easily modified. You just need to set the inverse matrix as ZERO in
functions SetHomogeneityMatrix and SetObjectsMatrix if the input is
ZERO. Then the program will work fine.

Hope it helps!

Ying