[Insight-users] "itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter".

Yu Long yulong202 at 263.net
Fri Sep 17 00:17:29 EDT 2004

Hi Ying Zhuge,
    I am now studying the itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter, which I am not very clear with.
    I have read your paper "Vectorial scale-based fuzzy connected image segmentation".
   And  I have write codes to compute the "HomogeneityMatrix" ,"ObjectsMean" and "ObjectsMatrix".
   In my codes , the  HomogeneityMatrix is computed according to your paper.

My two puzzles are:
1 As I have tested, the itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter have realized the algorithm "kVMRFOE" showed in your paper completely.  "kVMRFOE" realized most ideas such as "relative, scale, multiobject, multiseeds", EXCEPT the "Iterative" idea ,right?
2 Sometimes, we can get  "ZERO" ObjectsMatrix when the image are too homogeneous such as the image attached.
itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter seems can't work well at this condition. How can I resolve this?

Regards,

Yu Long