[Insight-users] DeformableModelSimplexMesh

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Wed Sep 8 14:56:37 EDT 2004

Hi Uday

I contributed DeformableModelSimplexMesh to InsightApplications and
unfortunately due to lack of time did not get a chance to write a README
file,

Create Mesh button is supposed to create a sphere with a specific radius
and place it on the image, centered at a point which is clicked by the
user in the advance,

Load Mesh requires a Binary image with a mask for the mesh which will be
fed to vtkImageMarching cubes to create a mesh and pass it to the
visualization pipeline and deformation class,

the application runs fine my machine (linux redhat 9) and I committed
the last change which I believe is reflected to cvs sometime ago so I am
not sure why it crashes on your machine, perhaps when I have more time!

The Deformable model approach is a bit different than the one
implemented in itk (possibly a bit more numerically stable) you can
check the following link for the paper
http://www.fit.fraunhofer.de/~berlage/rr-2214.pdf)

The specific classes for SimplexMesh and DeformableSimplexMesh etc are
implemented by Thomas Boettger,

Last, Please be patient otherwise Master Luis is gonna bonk my head with
the ITK book, I am working on cleaning up some classes and also the
application, writing some simple documentation page and also
implementing new forces for the DeformableModel class so as to acquire a
better deformation,

will keep the list updated

Leila