[Insight-users] how 2 see images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 6 15:44:22 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

You have multiple options for viewing images.

1) Probably the best one is the applications ImageViewer.
    You will find this application as part of the InsightApplications
    module. In order to build this applications, you will need to install
    FLTK in your system. You can download it from   www.fltk.org

2) You can use a minimal ITK+VTK connection as
     illustrated in

           InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

    in the files

             itkReadITKImageShowVTK.cxx
             itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx

    How to link  ITK and VTK is illustrated in the Tutorials

               http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

    in particular in

            http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf

3) If you don't really care about building your own visualization
     you could simply use VolView. A free version of VolView
     is availabe at

         http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

4) You could also use ParaView,  a free open source application
    developed by Kitware.  You can dowload the source code and
    the binaries from

                          www.paraview.org