[Insight-users] Re: getting pixel values from 3d image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 2 20:01:10 EDT 2004

Hi Sharad,

Please the following material

1) ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

     Chapter on the Image class.
     Sectino 4.1, pdf-page 61 to 69.

You will find here that the spacing array indicates the pixel
separation along each dimension, not in-between every
consecutive slice in a 3D image. You will also find instructions
on how to access and how to change pixel data.

2) The Introductoy tutorial to ITK

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

3) The Tutorial on how to convert ITK image
    to VTK image, and viceversa.

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf

Please let us know if you have further questions.