[Insight-users] exception in itkFastMarchingImageFilter.txx

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 2 18:42:23 EDT 2004

Hi Silviu,

Exceptions are thrown in ITK filters when the filter
encounters an error condition and it doesn't have a
mean of solving it.

This is the case of the UpdateValue() method that you mention.

Catching Exceptions is the responsibility of your application,
and the resolution of the problem must be done at the level
of your application too.

Probably the only situation when this specific error condition
can appear is when the speed image passed to the FastMarching
filter has inconsitent values.

If you ever get this exception, you should take a very critical
look at the speed image that you are passing to the FastMarching
filter.

Please let us know if you have further questions,