[Insight-users] ITK_TYPENAME

Michael Hardisty m.hardisty at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 2 15:58:58 EDT 2004

Hello ITK,
                   I have been working on creating dll libraries that
plug into a program for visualization and processing (Amira), as such I
am not using CMake to manage my build process as the program has its own
custom build that it must perform (I am not really sure what dire
implacations may result).  I am trying to create a registration method
using the ITK registration frame work available and am generating build
errors.  The first build error that I got was ITK_TYPENAME...undeclared
identifier.  I got rid of this error with: #define typename
ITK_TYPENAME.  I do have a very simple plugin working with this I am not
sure if this is what I should be doing but I found a similar problem in
the mail-list so I gave it a try.  It got rid of those undeclared
identifier errors with the simple plugin but with a larger plugin I have
more build errors but it generated problems in *.txx files again around
the ITK_TYPENAME.  The errors originate from lines that contain
ITK_TYPENAME and state that: "typename cannot be used outside a template
declaration".  This turn of events leads me to believe that there is
more to ITK_TYPENAME than simply defining it as typename.  Any
assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.  For reference
I am running ITK on Windows 2000, VC++6.  For error messages please see
below.

Mike

1st set of error messages

c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkinterpolateimagefunction.h(44)
: error C2065: 'ITK_TYPENAME' : undeclared identifier

c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkinterpolateimagefunction.h(129)
: see reference to class template instantiation
'itk::InterpolateImageFunction<TInputImage,TCoordRep>' being compiled
c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkinterpolateimagefunction.h(44)
: error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before 'tag::id'

c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkinterpolateimagefunction.h(129)
: see reference to class template instantiation
'itk::InterpolateImageFunction<TInputImage,TCoordRep>' being compiled
c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkconceptchecking.h(318) :
error C2653: 'Detail' : is not a class or namespace name

c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkconceptchecking.h(328) : see
reference to class template instantiation 'Signed<T>' being compiled

2nd set of error messages

c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\spatialobject\itkspatialobject.txx(578)
: error C2899: typename cannot be used outside a template declaration
        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xstring(583) : while compiling class-template member
function 'bool __thiscall
itk::SpatialObject<1>::ComputeBoundingBox(void) const'
c:\itk\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\spatialobject\itkspatialobject.txx(588)
: error C2899: typename cannot be used outside a template declaration
        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xstring(583) : while compiling class-template member
function 'bool __thiscall
itk::SpatialObject<1>::ComputeBoundingBox(void) const'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream(354) :
fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm
to specify a higher limit

--
Michael Hardisty
M.A.Sc Student