[Insight-users] ITK apps, FLTK in windows with cygwin

Hein-Jan Leliveld heinjan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 06:38:26 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to build the Insight Applications v1.8 with FLTK v1.1.4.
Standalone ITK works (I can build a helloworld app), and the insight
applications without FLTK bindings compile perfectly. I can start
fluid, so FLTK seems correctly compiled. FLTK is installed in
/usr/local/lib, and ITK in /usr/local/Iib/Insighttoolkit.

If I try to build the applications with FLTK support the following error occurs:

$ make
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Stagair/My Documents/sources/InsightApplicati
ons-1.8.0/Auxiliary: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Stagair/My Documents/sources/InsightApplicati
ons-1.8.0/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building Custom command /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Stagair/My Documents/
sources/InsightApplications-1.8.0/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer/fltkClippingPlane3DD
rawerGUI.cxx...
make[5]: *** [/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Stagair/My Documents/sources/In
sightApplications-1.8.0/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer/fltkClippingPlane3DDrawerGUI.c
xx] Error 1
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_FltkImageViewer] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Auxiliary] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

I have no idea what's going wrong, the error message isn't really helpful.

The following paths are setup in ccmake:
FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY              /usr/local/lib/libfltk.a
FLTK_CONFIG_SCRIPT               /usr/local/bin/fltk-config
FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE            /usr/local/bin/fluid
FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY               /usr/local/lib/libfltk_forms.a
FLTK_GL_LIBRARY                  /usr/local/lib/libfltk_gl.a
FLTK_IMAGES_LIBRARY              /usr/local/lib/libfltk_images.a
FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR                 /usr/local/include
ITK_DIR                          /usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
USE_FLTK                         ON

FYI, I get the same error messages with ITK v1.6. I compiled FLTK with
a standard ./configure; make; make install, no extra options set.

What is going wrong...?

Thanks,

Hein-Jan Leliveld