[Insight-users] Re: CenteredAffineTransform and DeformableRegistration6

Alexandra Badea alex at orion.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 24 15:47:25 EST 2004

Thank for your reply!

> This topic has been discussed recently in the list,
> please look at the archives of November and October
>
> http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-November/date.html
> http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-October/date.html

I am busy doing the reading now.

> The LBFGSOptimizer used in this example has the particularity
> of misbehaving when you initialize it in the extrema of the
> cost function.
>
> In other words, it will *not* work if you start with two
> images that are *already* registered.
by "already registered" I mean that my two images were initially
aligned with a linear transform.
I did not manage to run the program for two 3D images, having two gray
values, representing different but similar shapes, aligned with a
linear transform.

It seems I need to spend some time reading about cvs, finding and using
the latest stable release for the MAC.
I am in the process of building itk from cvs and I will continue with
building the Applications if successful in the first step.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Alexandra