[Insight-users] Help with Wrapping to python

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Nov 18 19:20:59 EST 2004

Hi Bruno,

mmmm... unlucky situation.

You just run into a class for which the template
parameters have not been wrapped yet.

The way to go here is to wrap the Histogram class
first. Once the histogram is wrapped, we pass the
same instantiations to this particular class.

Being pragmatic, it seems to be better to go around
the issue in the following way:

There is a pending request for implenting a new class:

      itkOtsuMultipleThresholdImageFilter

that internally uses the

      itkOtsuMultipleThresholdCalculator

This filter will label the image by thresholding it
at the different levels produced by the Calculator.

Once this new filter is available, then it will be
very easy to wrap.

Please let us know if your interest on having this
Calculator wrapped is motivated by using it as a
method for labelling images, or if you have something
else in mind.

If you want it for labeling images, then we rather
implement the OtsuMultipleThreshold filter faster.