[Insight-users] Text output problems in MultiResMIRegistration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Nov 18 09:27:01 EST 2004

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for your detailed report.

The MultiResMIRegistration application only have one
Observer connected to the registration algorithm.

This observer is only intended to react to the changes
in resolution level. In other words, since this is a
multi-resolution registration, IterationEvents are triggered
*at the end* of the registration process of each level
of the pyramid.

What the Command/Observer does at that point is to invoke
the StartNewLevel() method of the MIMRegistrator. In lines
180-202. This method *only* prints out the number of iterations
and the learning rate that is going to be used for the *next*
level of the pyramid.

In summary:  In this application you should only expect *one*
printed line per change in level of the pyramid. Since you are
setting your registration to use 5 levels, you will only get
4 messages.

If you want to get trace output from the registration process
inside each one of the pyramid level, you may want to add
another Command/Observer and connect it to the optimizer.

You will find multiple examples on how to do this in the
ITK Software Guide

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the registration chapter.

   Please let us konw if you have further questions,