[Insight-users] Text output problems in MultiResMIRegistration

Vicente Grau vicente at robots.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:44:09 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have recently installed ITK Release 1.8.1 on a Windows XP platform
using cygwin. Running MultiResMIRegistration on two sample images
(brainweb165a10f17.mha and brainweb1e5a10f17Rot10Tx15.mha, both in the
ftp server), the program returns a reasonable registered image. However,
I can see no text output from the Observer. Adding some cout<< lines to
check where it fails, I have tracked the problem down to
MIMPreprocessor.txx: in function Execute(), it stops printing anything
right after the line:
normalizer->Update();

Is it possible that this command somehow interferes with text printing
in my window?
I have debugged the program with gdb and it runs correctly past this
line, only it doesn't react to cout<<  lines anymore.
I have gone through the pdfs and the list, but I couldn't find anything
related. Any help will be much appreciated!

This is the parameters file I am using as input to the program.

brainweb165a10f17.img
brainweb1e5a10f17Rot10Tx15.img
0 1 2
0 0 0