[Insight-users] Re: ITK1.8 increased space?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 17:16:01 EST 2004

Hi Vincent

Thanks for pointing this out.

This is actually useful information.

6 GigaBytes sounds a bit excesive for a build of ITK.

Here are some numbers from our local builds, that include
Examples ON and Testing ON, building for Release:

   1) 1.6 GigaBytes in VisualStudio .Net 2003 Windows XP
   2) 1.2 GigaBytes in GCC 3.3 under Linux Debian

You may want to double check that you didn't enabled any of the
wrappings (Tcl, Python or Java), and that you are building only
for Release or only for Debug (if you are using MS-Windows...).
Otherwise that will duplicate the disk usage.

If you are in Windows, you may find useful to try the
application "Treesize":

        http://www.tucows.com/preview/195999.html

in order to figure out where the disk space is being
taken per directory.

If you are in Unix, you can simply do "du" in the binary directory
where you build ITK.

Please let us know what you find,