[Insight-users] DeformableModel1.cxx bug?

Quan Chen quanchen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:50:44 EST 2004

Anyone have tested DeformableModel1.cxx?

I tried it with the input BrainProtonDensitySlice.png VentricleModel.png
(note, I can't find the ConfidenceConnectedOutput1.png as told in ITK
Manual). But the program exit abnormally.  I am starting to wonder if
this program can perform on 2D images, since the mesh it created
should have triangluar cells.

Also, does anyone can confirm my previous finding that we need to
update the maskReader manually and we shouldn't update meshsource
manually.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-October/010859.html
I also find that after the deformableModelFilter->Update() was
excuted, the meshsource is updated automatically.  Then, if I modify
the variables in the deformableModelFilter (like
->SetGradientMagnitude()) and try to re-calculate the mesh by calling
deformableModelFilter->Update() again, the program will crash.  I
believe it is the same problem as we update the meshsource manually
before invoke deformableModelFilter->Update().