[Insight-users] Watershed from marker

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 8 08:40:04 EST 2004

Hi Lagaffe,

Thanks for your clarification.

Once you decide to actually use Markers (seed points), the operation
that you describe seems to be equivalent to using a region growing
method on the gradient magnitude of the image.

To that end you can simply use the filter:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.html

on the output of the GradientMagnitud filter such as

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GradientMagnitudeImageFilter.html

or

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GradientMagnitudeRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.html

Of course, you always have option (2) that you mention:
Implementing a specialized version of Watersheds.

Please let us know if you have further questions,