[Insight-users] TIFF images

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Nov 4 08:47:17 EST 2004

Charlene,

What version of the TIFF code are you using?  TIFF allows the first pixel in
the file to be upper left corner or the lower left corner or the upper right

corner or the lower right corner.  Your TIFF file may be using a "corner"
that is not properly implemented in ITK.

It looks like itkTIFFImageIO.cxx (version 1.15) was committed on
August 6 to fix an orientation problem.  Then there are changes
on October 14 and 15 (versions 1.22 and 1.23) that appear to fix an
orientation problem.

What version of Code/IO/itkTIFFImageIO.cxx do you have?  The problem
may have been fixed or there still may be an issue.

What we try to is reformat the data coming out of the TIFF file to be
in an ITK consistent orientation.

Jim