[Insight-users] How to "concatenate" images.

George Iordanescu giordanescu at cmr.nunet.net
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:07:27 -0600

Hello everybody,

I have to register a time sequence of 3D images to a single 3D image.
The whole time sequence is stored in a single raw file. I read it in a
"fake" itk image and from there I extract each volume, corresponding to
a moment in time.  Then I register each extracted volume to a fixed 3D
image and then I need to save the registered volumes again in a single
raw file. I was thinking of creating another itk image object and then
put in it each registered volume, one after another. I know how to do it
by allocating the space corresponding to all the registered volumes and
then using memcpy and pixel buffer to copy each registered volume to the
corresponding adress in the allocated space. Is there a better way to do
it? I looked at the PasteImageFilter but it is not clear how to add
extra volumes.

Thank you.

George