[Insight-users] MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration warping

Michael G michaelguiliametti at hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:49:34 +0000

Hi Lydia,

I upgraded to v1.6.0 then copied the changes in CVS that you pointed out.
The results were identical to when I used the old copies that came with
v1.4.0. Running the DemonsRegistrationFilter
works so well, I'm not sure what could be distorting the results from the
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration this much. I copied the steps I
take before running the method, they are almost identical to the setup of of
the DemonsRegistrationFilter:

1) Get image buffers from fixed / moving image
2) Run the moving image buffer through histogram matching image filter using
fixed image as
    reference.
3) Set number of levels of registration method to 5
4) Set first # of iterations to 128 - thereafter each step has half the # of
iterations as the last
5) Use warp image filter and the output deformation field to map the moving
image back to the
    fixed image.
6) Write results to file.

You can really see severe distortions in parts of the image after
registration is complete. Does my methodology sound correct? Thanks for the
help!

Regards,
Michael