[Insight-users] Building of ITK from CVS !! Size of output directory

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:11:37 -0500

Hi Zein,

Well, you are not doing that bad   :-)

My CVS ITK build for MS Visual Studio 7.0 2003 takes 4.86 GB.
(Debug + Release).

Maybe part of Microsoft's strategy for taking over the world
includes to stimulate the market of new hard drives...   :-)

Looking in the bright side, it is still less that what most
people use for MP3 music files on their disks.

On the serious side: you probably don't need to compile the
Examples nor the Testing directories, that will get rid of
900Mb and 500Mb respectively on the .o files, and of most of
the 3GB now taken by the /bin directory.