[Insight-users] Regarding AnalyzeImageIO

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:07:06 -0600

Srivalli,

Currently there is not a standard use for the glmin, glmax, cal_min and
cl_max values in the Analyze 7.5 format. Many programs including analyze
ignore these values and some programs use these values to set a global
scale for the images. You can get these values set by running the itk
MinimumMaximumImageCalculator and getting the min and max values for the
image. Then you will need to set the following meta data values for the
image:

ANALYZE_CAL_MAX
ANALYZE_CAL_MIN
ANALYZE_GLMAX
ANALYZE_GLMIN

The resulting analyze image should then contain valid information for
MRIcro in these fields.

This may solve all or a portion of your problem. I am not sure what you
mean by distorted. Is it only the dynamic range that is a problem or are
there other issues as well.

Vince

--
Assistant Professor