[Insight-users] Installation problems

aragondp at cs.tamu.edu aragondp at cs.tamu.edu
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:18:19 -0600

Hi Luis,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I installed Service Pack 5 for VS 6.0. I deleted the whole folder and
started installing from scratch by unzipping the insight toolkit folder.
I followed exactly the same instructions as given in GettingStarted-I.pdf.
Version of Visual Studio is selected correctly in CMake.

But, after opening ITK.dsw, when I select the project All_Build and build it, I
got the same errors again.

It looks like there is some overlap between definitions in STL header file and
another file. I am pasting some lines of errors from middle of the error list here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stl_iterator.h(504) : error C2995:
'==' : template function has already been defined
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(177) : see
declaration of '=='
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stl_iterator.h(515) :
error C2995: '<' : template function has already been defined
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(189) : see
declaration of '<'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stl_algobase.h(95) : error
C2995: 'swap' : template function has already been defined
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\xutility(99) : see
declaration of 'swap'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stl_algobase.h(273) :
error C2995: 'copy' : template function has already been defined
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\xutility(17) : see
declaration of 'copy'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\stl_algobase.h(394) :
error C2995: 'copy_backward' : template function has already been defined
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\xutility(23) : see
declaration of 'copy_backward'

I have no idea about xutility. Is this any problem with configuration of include
files or STL files? But, I can run other C++ programs using STL on this compiler
without any problem.

Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Prathyusha.