[Insight-users] canny edge detector behaviour

David Macias Verde david.maciasverde at gobiernodecanarias.org
Tue Jun 29 16:43:54 EDT 2004

Hi all:

I missed a message with the answer to this question. I didn't look at it
at the right time but I stored it and thought it was in a save place; it
wasn't.

So, here it is again. Why is the Canny Edge Detector given more than one
edge when, for example, I give it a solid ball? The result to this are
several circles with the same center, depending on the gaussian
variance. Why is not only 1 even if the gaussian variance is 0?

Thanks,

David