[Insight-users] help needed for Installation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jun 28 10:09:49 EDT 2004

Hi Jian,

Welcome to ITK !,

Please follow the installation instructions given
in the Welcoming package

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm

---

The "Hello World" example in the directory

    Insight/Examples/Installation

is intended to show how to build a new application
*outside* of the Insight source tree.

You should copy this directory outside the ITK source
tree, and put it somewhere else in your disk.

Given that it is intended to illustrate the case of an
external application, it doesn't know where you have
built or installed ITK. Therefore it requires you to
provide such information.  Simply run CMake and when it
asks you for ITK_DIR, provide the binary directory where
you built ITK.

This is the same operation that you will have to perform
with any new application of your own that uses ITK.