[Insight-users] help needed for Installation

Jian XIE jxie at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jun 28 00:18:00 EDT 2004

Hi all, I'm new to ITK and try to install it on the computer(mac 0S 10.3),
I follow the instruction found on the ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf file. But after
installed it and I try to run the example program in
/Insight/Examples/Installation it gives me some problem. here is the
description of the problem:

when I go into the directory "cd Insight/Examples/Installation"

I do "ccmake ." because the CMakeList.txt is inside this directory

then I type "c" to configure

it return "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR"

Does that mean I didn't install ITK properly? I check the variables in the
CMakeList.txt. eg ITK_USE_FILE it refer to the ITKConfig.cmake (I think),
the path exactly match where i installed ITK.

I'm also confused which ITKConfig.cmake does CMakeList.txt used.

here is a description of how I install ITK
1. I download "InsightToolkit-1.6.0.tar.gz"
2. unzip it, then I have a folder call "InsightToolkit-1.6.0
3. I then create a new directory call Insight-binary, then "cd
Insight-binary"
4. then "ccmake ../InsightToolkit-1.6.0"
5. type "c" to configure, the "g" to generate the Makefile (I choose to
make everything including Testing and Examples files)
6. the Makefile was generated and then type "make"
7. after few hours, the make process completed

Am I doing the right thing? if yes, then how can I test whether ITK has
installed successfully?

Thanks in advance for any help