[Insight-users] building from source

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 25 00:04:41 EDT 2004

Hi Rocky,

This sounds like your tar tool is broken.  :-/

Here are two alternatives that come to mind.

1) Expand the tar file in a "normal" machine
    e.g. a Linux PC or a Sun workstation.
    Then copy the source tree throuugh the
    network into your particular IA64 machine.

XOR

2) Get the source code through CVS.

    Simply follow the instructions on the Download
    page. If you want to stick to version 1.6, you
    can after downloading, sync to that version by
    doing:

              cvs upate -r Release-1-6

Note that as far as we know, ITK has never been
built in a IA64 machine, so, be prepared for
surprises and get ready your coffee supplies.

Please let us know what you find.