[Insight-users] building from source

Rocky Rhodes rhodes at sgi.com
Thu Jun 24 20:34:20 EDT 2004

I just downloaded the 1.6.0 source and am trying to build it on an
IA64/Linux machine.  When I run cmake I get a number of errors caused by the
truncation of various long file names.  "tar -tvf" shows the names to be
truncated in the archive file when the total path name is about 100
characters long.

For instance, cmake says it cannot find file
"itkExpectationMaximizationMixtureModeEstimatorTest.cxx" in the Testing
directory tree.  The file it wants is there, but is called
"itkExpectationMaximizationMixtureModeEstimat" instead.  Is this a known
problem, and is there a quick fix?

Thanks for the help.

	Rocky