[Insight-users] raw image input query

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 23 13:24:02 EDT 2004

Hi Yogesh,

Yes, you could read a raw image by using ifstreams...

but then...

       what is the point in having ITK ?   :-)

The easy way to read a RAW image is to create a MetaImage
header file for it, and then simply use the class
itk::ImageFileReader as illustrated in the SoftwareGuide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the chapter "Reading and Writing Images"

You will find details on how to create a MetaImage header
in the Data  link of www.itk.org:

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

If what you want is to import/export images between
ITK and another piece of existing software, then you
will find useful to look at the instructions in the
tutorials:

      http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular to session:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V.pdf