[Insight-users] Parameters of ICP algorithm

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 22 14:27:39 EDT 2004

Hi Thomas,

The example

     Insight/Examples/Registration/
                  IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx

uses the transform

     Euler3DTransform
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Euler3DTransform.html

When you invoke GetParameters in this transform
you get an array of six elements.

The first three are rotation angles around the axis,
in the order  :   angleX, angleY, angleZ.

The following three parameters are the translation
components as :   Tx, Ty, Tz.

The current documentation about ICP is what you find in
these three examples. They are intended to be populated
with Latex content in order to describe the details of
the implementation. The resulting document will become
a section in the next edition of the SoftwareGuide.

Note that if you read about the basic registration framework,
there is not much to add. The basic elements used here are
the same as those used for image to image registration.
The most significant difference is the use of a PointSet to
PointSet metric.