[Insight-users] Parameters of ICP algorithm

Thomas - Kuiran Chen chent at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Jun 22 13:53:55 EDT 2004

Hi Luis,

We are trying the latest implementation of the ICP registration algorithm in ITK (CVS release).

One thing we are not clear is what the final transform parameters stand for (given by  ::GetParameters() )?  There are totally 6 parameters as of the iterative result.  Are they EulerAngle plus translation of the origin?  If so, what Euler Angle system it is in (i.e.: Euler ZYX or EulerZYZ)?

Could we find any ITK documentation for this specific implementation of ICP (acctually there are three of them in the examples from CVS)?

Thanks very much!

Thomas Kuiran Chen