[Insight-users] Initial parameters for itkThinPlateSplineKernelTransform

Vincent Chu vwchu at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Jun 21 01:26:27 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use itkThinPlateSplineKernelTransform as the transform
class in the registration framework, i.e.
registration->SetTransform(tps3D); where tps3D is of type
itk::ThinPlateSplineKernelTransform<double, 3>.	I have initialized the
tps3D with 11 landmarks.

I have previously read that tps3D would expect 3*N parameters, where N is
11 in this case (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2002-June/000544.html
).  However, after setting the landmarks, tps3D->GetNumberOfParameters()
would return 3 (instead of 33).	I know the landmarks have been set
correctly because I can apply the transformation with the help of
resampleFilter.
I am wondering what the 3 parameters should be.  To put it in context,
this is what I want to do:

	ParametersType initialParameters( tps3D->GetNumberOfParameters());
	initialParameters[0]=??;
	initialParameters[1]=??;
	initialParameters[2]=??;
	registration->SetInitialTransformParameters( initialParameters );
	registration->StartRegistration();

Thanks,

Vincent