[Insight-users] CableSwig Java status with ITK 1.6

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jun 19 12:35:35 EDT 2004

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your comments,

As a way of providing an typical example on how to use an ITK
module fromm a Java application, we started creating a new
demo application in InsightApplications.

You will find it under:

        InsightApplications/
                        ItkJava

It still needs some work, in particular for wrapping the ITK
module using CSwig. We should finish putting this together in
a couple of days. This application is not build by default.
Its CMakeLists.txt file is configured for building this app
independently of the InsightApplications source tree.

In the meantime, the structure of the files will give you a
rough idea of what we meant by wrapping functional ITK modules
instead of every individual class.

In this case you will find a class itkModule that internally
contains an itkImageFileReader, itkMeanImageFilter, and an
itkImageFileWriter. Java only need to provide the strings for
the filenames used by the reader an writer, and then trigger
the execution of the pipeline.

If you look at the myApp.java file, you will see how this
interaction is seen from java.

---

Regarding the intergration of Jarek's contribution into the
toolkit, some work still needs to be done in that front.

We will post to the list whenever some usable prototype
is ready.

Please let us know if you have further questions,