[Insight-users] Re: Wnncvs

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 18 10:51:40 EDT 2004

Hi Jesse,

Is your Lab blocking all the CVS ports ?

or just limiting you from using WinCVS ?

If the ports are not blocked you could use
the CVS executable that comes with Cygwin.
There is also a command line executable
for Windows.

If the ports are blocked,...   well, it is
time to tell your system administrators about
the Open Source movement and let them know
that not having CVS access is worst than not
having access to Google    :-)

If your lab wants to maintain a safe firewall
setup, it is still possible to open the CVS
ports for connecting specifically to the ITK
web site.  That will be the IP number

       IP = 24.97.130.19

or just do:

    nslookup  www.itk.org

CVS is the only reasonable way of getting
the nightly version of the toolkit.