[Insight-users] Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jun 7 16:29:47 EDT 2004

Hi Satish,

ITK provides several method for performing
Multi-Modality registration.

These methods are described in detail in the
SoftwareGuide:

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 8, pdf-page 241 to 340.

In particular you will find interesting
Section 8.4 in pdf-page 255 where the Mutual
Information metrics are described.

Examples on multimodality registration
are available in

     Insight/Examples/Registration

A demo application using Mutual Information
is available under

  InsightApplications/
    LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration

It is strongly recommended that you read the chapter
on image resampling before you get involved with image
registration methods. That will save you a lot of
misunderstandings that are common in new users.

You will also find useful the tutorial sessions

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular the sessions regarding registration:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/RegistrationMethodsOverview.pdf