[Insight-users] how can I shorten the registration time?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 3 02:56:55 EDT 2004

Hi Carrie,

You can register this size of images in less
that 2 minutes in a Pentium 4 at 2Ghz.

What you want to do is to subsample the images
at a quarter of resolution, register them that
way. Then use the resulting transform for
initializing a registration at half resolution.

Note that a simple use of the ResampleImageFilter
with nearest neighborhood interpolator may be
the best combination for subsampline when you are
looking for ways of improving performance.

Simply skip the Gaussian smoothing since it adds
too much time to the preparation for the registration.