[Insight-users] how can I shorten the registration time?

Carrie carrie_shi at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Jun 2 09:57:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,
         I write some sentences for image registration with python. The
extends of fixed and moving images are about 180*216*180. Some codes as
followed:
        registration = itk.itkImageRegistrationMethodF3F3_New()
        imageMetric  =
itk.itkMutualInformationImageToImageMetricF3F3_New()
             transform     =
itk.itkQuaternionRigidTransform_New()
        optimizer    =
itk.itkQuaternionRigidTransformGradientDescentOptimizer_New()
        interpolator = itk.itkLinearInterpolateImageFunctionF3D_New()

If I wanted the satisfied registration result, it need run a long time
above half an hour.
Now I want to ask whether it is normal. And are there any methods to
shorten the running time?

Regards

carrie