[Insight-users] Re: Question for CurvelevelsetImageFilter ?

Raul San Jose Estepar rjosest at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 31 15:10:59 EDT 2004

Hi Zhao,

Could you be more specific about the strange result you are getting?.

By creating isosurfaces corresponding a negative values, you are
overestimating the object you want to extract. By doing the same with
positive values you are underestimating the contour  you want to create.
If the level set is converging properly to the tubular structure you
want to obtain, the zero level set should be the answer. By generating
isosurface for -0.05 and 0.05 you are introducing a small offset. In
case of small vessels you might have a better impression of the
structure by taking the -0.05 levelset, however this is not the right
boundary you may want.

You also mentioned that when you create the -0.05 and 0.05 isosurface
the result seems meaningful. What it is clear is that the isosurface
corresponding to -0.05 level occludes the other, so you don't need to
generate the 0.05 one.

/Raul