[Insight-users] ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter question

Jacob Boomgaarden boomgaar at arsc.edu
Fri Jul 30 17:17:46 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I am working with a simple segmentation problem of extracting the lungs from a CT
image file. So far I have been using one of the region growing algorithms to define
the segmented area (ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter) but am curious about a question
that arose.

Q) To extract both the left and right lung segments, the region growing algorithm
must overcome other anatomical structures. What is the best method for doing this? I
am under the impression that the ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter does not allow for
multiple seeds to be issued, so what other ideas can you throw at me to try!

Thanks for the help,

--
Jacob Boomgaarden
ARSC Intern