[Insight-users] image pixel type

Christoph Palm christoph.palm at web.de
Fri Jul 30 04:02:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,

we deal with different image storage types for input as well as output,
for example png, tif, jpeg, mhd, analyze7.5,...

My question: where can I find consistent information about the
different types and their possible storage capabilites according to
pixel type, vectors, color, etc.

For example png seems only be able to store images of unsigned char,
but it would be very cumbersome to test all combinations out. If
I try to store with the wrong pixel type, the program aborts without
error message.

Thanks for the help

Christoph