[Insight-users] Level Set stuff

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 27 20:58:34 EDT 2004

Hi Ender,

The only cases where you have non-closed surfaces in a
Level-Set representation is when the surface intersects
the bounding box of the image. You can certainly expect
to find border effects in those regions depending on the
boundary condition class that you selected to use.

In practice we have not observed such effects, at least
not in the typical medical images we deal with.

You should consider posting a more detailed message
describing in a more technical way the "strange results"
that you get. Otherwise is quite unlikely that we could
give you any useful help.

Posting your input and output images could be a good idea.