[Insight-users] Menu by right-mouse-click using FLTK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 26 10:16:30 EDT 2004

Hi Zein,

Using FLTK you can display a menu with the right button
by managing that event on the "handle()" method.

You probably want to create a Fl_Menu_Button object
at that point.

http://www.fltk.org/documentation.php/doc-1.1/Fl_Menu_Button.html#Fl_Menu_Button

Something like

   handle( int event )
   {
    if( event == FL_RIGHT_MOUSE )
       {
       Fl_Menu_Button * popup = new Fl_Menu_Button(0,0,400,400);
       popup->type(Fl_Menu_Button::POPUP3);
       popup->add("This|is|a popup|menu");
       }
   }

(making popup a member variable of the
  viewer would be a better option...)

You will find examples of popup menus in the
FLTK /test directory. In particular

    checkers.cxx
    menubar.cxx
    subwindow.cxx