[Insight-users] Re: How to run .exe in unix or windows

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 26 09:34:04 EDT 2004

Hi Huss,

All of the examples in

             Insight/Examples

are intended to be run from the command
line prompt.

They will not do anything interesting if
you just double-click on them from the
Windows explorer.

Your options are:

A) in Windows

    A.1) Open an MS-DOS command prompt window,
         Change directory to the place where
         the .exe is located; and type the
         executable name file directly.

    A.2) Install Cygwin
         open a shell window
         change directory to the place where
         the executable is, and type the
         executable name directly.

B) in UNIX

     open a shell window,
     change directory to the place where
     the executable is, and type the
     executable name directly.

This is a relatively basic operation. You may
want to get some background on how to use your
Windows and Unix systems, before you proceed
to use advanced libraries like ITK.