AW: [Insight-users] GLSliceView

salah salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 20 07:54:46 EDT 2004

Thanks Gavin for your interest and I am sorry for responding lately. I was
in a vacation over the last three days.

Actually, I use many instances of the viewer for viewing final and intermediate
results of my pipeline. These instances are either just instances of FltkImageViewer
of InsightAppl;ications or instances of a somehow similar viewer which I developed
mainly by inheriting the GLSliceView class. I will try to answer you questions as
detailed as I can.

NOTE:
What I am talking about is only the text image details and clicked point position
and value that appear usually at the lower part of the widget. Anything else is displayed
appropriately (image itself, overlays, crosshairs).

> My guess is you seem to have triggered a condition under which
> GLSliceView::draw() doesn't get called.  But - how...?
>
> It would be quicker if you gave us some more information! :)
> Are you able to
> consistently reproduce this behaviour?

I have noticed the following:

1. The first-shown viewer displays the details normally. Closing and then
recalling it produces the problem.

2. The first-shown viewer displays the details normally. Closing it and then
calling another viewer of some other image produces the problem.

3. As soon as the problem appears, it remain until I close the whole application.
I.e, any viewer that I open will not display details.

4. The problem appears when after closing all openned viewers. In other words, when
I close all openned viewers, any viewer openned now will have the problem.

> - What sequence of actions leads to this happening?  (eg.
> resize window,
>   update image contents, click in window, etc)

Nothing of these causes the problem to occur.

> - Is it only the overlay text that disappears (and not the
> image itself)?

Only the overlay text of image details.

> - Can you reproduce this with (for example) ImageViewer from
>   InsightApplications?

Yes. some of the viewers I use are instances of it.

> - Are all the GLSliceView widgets in the same parent window
> or different
>   toplevel windows?

They are in the same parent windows. However, each is displayed in its own window.
The only difference between them is that viewers that are instances of the ImageViewer
from InsightApplications are dynamicly allocated (only when I want to view the image)
and those whome I developed are statically allocated (global variables)

> - What exactly does the display look like when this occurs?
> (eg. all black,
>   part of old display remains)

Just normally, everything is displayed correctly, except fot the text details.

> Also it would greatly help to know the following:
>
> - Platform

Windows Xp Professional Edition, MS Visuall Studio .NET (7.0), Itk (CVS, not updated since
at least two months), Cmake 2.0 patch 2.

> - version of Fltk

fltk-1.1.4

> - Graphics card and driver version
ATI, Radeon 8500, Driver version 6.14.10.6414 (I copied this from within device manager)

Many Thanx,
Zein